We are excited that you have chosen to join us for Zoo Camp July 10 - July 14, 2023! We want our campers to enjoy a unique experience outdoors to gain knowledge and a love for nature and the importance of protecting our planet.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Camp participants should be dropped-off in the morning between 8:50-9:00am so they do not miss any of the morning activities.
• Zoo Staff will meet you and your child in the concession stand area. Please escort your child into the concession stand area.
Camp participants should be picked up between 11:45am – 12pm. Pickups after 12:10pm will be considered late. A fee of $10 will be charged for every 5 minutes you are late; after 12:30pm may be grounds for suspension from the program without a refund.
Camp participants will be released to individuals noted on the paperwork submitted by the camper’s parents/guardian.
Checklist for Zoo Camp
What to Wear to Zoo Camp
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing that is allowed to get dirty
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes and socks (sandals are not permitted)
- Apply sunscreen and/or bug spray before you arrive each day
- Hat (optional)
What to Bring to Zoo Camp
- If your child has a food allergy, send a small snack for break time.
- Re-usable water bottle (The David Traylor Zoo will not provide water bottles or store water bottles for the camp as a health and safety consideration)
What is Not Allowed at Zoo Camp
- Electronics such as portable video games, music players, etc.
- Cell phones (unless camp staff require them for certain stations of camp)
- Clothing with abusive language/pictures
- Sandals, flip-flops, or other open-toed shoes
Children are responsible for any items they bring to camp.
Please clearly mark all items with your child’s name. Any item brought that creates issues will be confiscated. Confiscated items will be returned at the end of the day, but it is the responsibility of the participant or adult picking a child up to remind staff to return the confiscated items.
Call the Zoo at 620-341-4365 for Lost and Found items. Any items left at the David Traylor Zoo at the end of camp week will be donated to charity and/or discarded.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
No refund is given if notice isn’t given within 5 days of start date.